Reloadable Prepaid Card from UPsideCard.com
The maximum balance on your UPside card is $10,000. Each month, you can load up to $10,000 through Direct Deposit and $5,000 in cash through the GreenDot MoneyPak network. You can load your UPside card in multiple ways:
- Receive free Direct Deposit from your employer, the IRS or any benefits provider.
- You can load cash onto your card at 50,000 retailers nationwide.
- Other UPside cardholders can send you money too!
- Funds can be transferred from any checking account (including your own).
- Some cardholders may be eligible to load funds with a credit/debit card in their name.
Direct Deposit from employers, IRS, or any benefits providers*
Give the Direct Deposit stub or voided check located on your online card account to your employer or benefits provider to receive funds just like a checking account. You can find this information on the Direct Deposit window of your online card account, where you can also print a voided check or DDA stub.
And, for a limited time, get 1000 cash back reward points for your first Direct Deposit completed within 60 days of activation!
* Any load originating from the federal government (i.e. tax refunds, social security) must be in the cardholder's name. Any loads for a third-party recipient will be reversed.
Loading with Green Dot® is quick and easy!
Pick the load method that's right for you:
Swipe Load at the Register:
- Take your cash and your UPside Card to any register of a participating Walmart (not available in VT or WY) or 7-Eleven near you. A service fee up to $4.95 will be added to your total.
- The cashier will swipe your card and add cash directly to your card (up to $1,000 at Walmart and $500 at 7-Eleven, as long as you do not exceed the card load limits). Your funds will be available within ten minutes. Keep your receipt.
|Find A Location:
- Or -
Green Dot MoneyPak®
- Pick up a MoneyPak from the Prepaid Products Section or Green Dot Display of a retailer near you.
- Take the MoneyPak to the register and purchase with cash for the amount you wish to load.
Load any amount between $20 - $500. A service fee, up to $4.95, will be added to your purchase.
- Log into your UPside Account to apply your MoneyPak directly from the dashboard. Once you redeem your MoneyPak, your funds are instantly available!
- Or -
Load with a Check
- Take your UPside card and pre-printed payroll or government check to any register at a participating Walmart (not available in NJ, NY, RI, VT, WY).
- The cashier will cash your check (check cashing fees apply).
- Swipe your card and add all or part of your cash directly to your card (load up to $1,000 at Walmart as long as you do not exceed the card load limits). A service fee of $3.74 applies. Keep your receipt.
The Rapid Reload logo is a trademark owned by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
|Find A Location:
If you experience any issues, please call 1 (800) GREEN-DOT for assistance.
Using your online UPside card-to-card money share service
Does a fellow UPside cardholder owe you money? You can receive funds from any other UPside cardholder directly to your card, instantly and for FREE. You will receive an email when someone has initiated a card-to-card transfer and will see the load in the list of transactions of your online card account.
Don't forget you can also initiate a card-to-card transfer by logging onto your online card account and simply entering the receiver's email or mobile number linked to their Upside reloadable card account from the money share window.
With another credit or debit card in your name
This option is only available to cardholders who have used the card for at least three months and receive direct deposit of $1,000 or more each month. If you are eligible, a card load window will be made available on your online card account.